Have you ever wanted your own domain? I sure did and I have bought my fair share of them too! LOL
You know where I buy them at? The best place to buy a domain name is at GoDaddy!
Once you buy one, you’ll want to buy more because they are generally very cheap but don’t get yourself addicted to it. 😉
GoDaddy is also on my list of Best Online Business Tools page!
In this review, I will walk through:
- How to Choose the Right Domain Name
- How to Search a Domain Name
- Other Domain Services at GoDaddy
- My Final Thoughts
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT DOMAIN NAME
There are several factors to consider when choosing a domain name:
1) Is it easy to remember? When picking out a domain name, one of the most important factor is that it should be something that’s memorable and easy to recall.
People are all over the web these days and it’s so easy to forget what website you saw something at so having a nice, easy domain to remember would help you get returning visitors to your site.
2) Does it convey what your website will be about? The name should tell someone what your site will be about. You wouldn’t want to go to golf.com to find cats there, right? So, the name should tell someone what your site is about.
3) Should it be a certain length? This one is not a must but would you easily remember furryblackcats.com or furryblackcatsarealloverthealleys.com? How would someone remember your email when it’s too long?
I always try to name my domains short with up to only three words if possible, one or two words are even better. If you use more than two words, try to use short words so that your domain name still seem short.
4) Does it have to have keywords? If the keywords can satisfy the three factors above, then by all means do it. However, if the keywords don’t, it’s best to leave your keywords for your pages and posts.
HOW TO SEARCH YOUR DOMAIN NAME
The GoDaddy website is so easy to navigate and their domains start at only $0.99 for a year! Domain names can be searched very easily at their domain name search bar:
When I search the domain name “furryblackcats” I get the following results:
It shows me it’s available for a .com domain and that if I buy other extensions like .net, .org, .info, then I’ll get a whopping 69% off!
For the .com domain, it’s $2.99 for the first year and $14.99 for each year thereafter. This is a great way to try your hand at building a website for a small price!
People usually buy the other extensions if they find a great domain name to prevent other people from having that name as well. It could get expensive but if you want to protect your domain name, this is surely one way of doing it.
It doesn’t mean you have to make websites for all the other extension domains, all you have to do is forward those URLs to the .com website.
The rest of the search results for “furryblackcats” is below:
These results show me a variety of things:
- Availability of different domain extensions and their prices as they all vary. Interesting to see old extensions like .info, .us, .biz, and .online but also new ones like .co and .shop.
- Different variations of my domain name like furrydarkcats.com and furrycat.com if you have $4K to spend (more on this below)!
If your domain name is not available, GoDaddy will offer you different extensions that are available and a variety of other names you can use instead of the one you searched.
OTHER DOMAIN SERVICES AT GODADDY
Bulk Domain Name Registration
You are able to register for up to 500 domains at once at GoDaddy! They currently have 92 extensions you can register for and they keep adding more.
I can type in “furryblackcat” in the white box seen in the image above and click on all the extensions I want to register for. When I press “Go”, it adds all the domain names that are available in my shopping cart. Pretty easy and convenient for anyone want to buy a lot at the same time.
New Domain Extensions
They have this section for finding new extensions. There are three categories: Available Now, Pre-Register, and Coming Soon.
Available Now are extensions that have just released and are available for anyone to register for.
You can even Pre-Register for new extensions that are about to become available for registration to reserve your domain name.
Coming Soon shows the new extensions that are coming out soon and will be available in the near future. This is great to know so you can prepare for what’s to come.
Remember the domain name “furrycat.com” above that was listing for almost $4,000? Well, that’s what GoDaddy offers as well, they act as a domain broker where you can buy domain names that are popular or easy to remember that were bought probably years ago and now those owners want to sell them. This way, you’ll be able to buy hard to get domain names in a manner that won’t get you scammed.
If there’s a domain name you really want but not listed for sale, you can get a personal domain agent at GoDaddy who will contact the domain owner for you and negotiate a sale on your behalf that both parties like. Finally, they will facilitate the transaction.
MY FINAL THOUGHTS
For me, GoDaddy is the best place to buy a domain name and I can say this because I’ve been using them since 2008!
They have been consistent with their service and I’ve been very happy with them. When you log into your account there, you can see all the domains that you’ve bought and manage them there.
You can add privacy to your domains so no one sees your personal info if they “WHOIS” search your domain URL. They also have other online services that has to do with your website.
If you want to buy your domain name from GoDaddy, please do so HERE and save 30% off some domain extensions!
Let’s make money online!