If you’re wondering what is CB Passive Income about and not sure if you should buy into this program, then let me tell you the truth about how this works and why you need to stay far away from this as you can!
There are many versions of this and this post is specifically for CB Passive Income 4.0 launched in January 2017.
To someone new to internet marketing, this program sounds great because everything is “done for you” but I must reveal what this really means and how it will affect your online endeavors.
Here are the ways I’ll explain this program to you:
- What Is CB Passive Income?
- How It Works
- Program Cost
- Truth About This Program
- A Better Alternative
- Final thoughts
WHAT IS CB PASSIVE INCOME?
The official name: The CB Passive Income License Program 4.0
Launched: January, 2017
Creator: Patric Chan (not a spelling error, he doesn’t spell Patrick with ‘k” at the end)
This is program that allows you to “clone” his internet marketing system that promotes Clickbank digital products.
Patric offers you to use his marketing system to make affiliate commissions for yourself on auto-pilot. He claims that all you have to do is give away his free products or courses and he’ll do all the work for you after that.
You are hoping that when you give away his free product or course, people will subscribe to an email list via an optin page. After they subscribe, Patric will do all the work for you.
Then, you sit back and collect affiliate commissions. Sounds too good to be true? Let’s take a closer look.
HOW IT WORKS
This program works in three steps:
Once you sign up with the program, you enter your information on a form in his marketing system to create your “secret page” (Patric refers your optin/landing page as a “secret page”). The “secret page” that is generated will have your affiliate link. This will be the URL and web page you’ll be promoting.
There is no secret to the “secret page” as everyone who joins gets the same page.
After you have your web page, you will promote that page using free and paid traffic to drive people to it. The web page will tell people what they will get for free if they optin and subscribe to the email list.
After people optin and subscribe, Patric Chan will start sending them emails that will be monetized with your affiliate link in it. The emails will all be branded with and sent under Patric Chan’s name. He makes this part sound like he’s doing you a favor using his name.
You will then collect affiliate commissions as people buy from the emails sent by Patric because the emails will have your affiliate links in it so everything bought from people will be tracked back to you.
This sounds awesome right because Patric will be doing all the things you won’t need to do like:
All you have to do is send traffic to your “secret page” and then sit back and make money. When it sounds too good to be true, it is. Read on!
- $47/month OR
- $97 one time payment
Plus other upsells like if you want those emails that you collected, it’s going to cost you.
Why he has these options for payment is that he knows you won’t stay with him longer than two months. That’s why the one time payment is about the same as two months’ worth of the monthly cost.
Although, he has a 30 day guarantee and can ask for a refund within 30 days of purchase if you are not satisfied.
TRUTH ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The many things Patric won’t tell you on his sales page:
- Getting traffic is the hardest part of this business – in fact, it’s the hardest part of any online or offline business because without it, your are dead in the water.
- Free traffic is hard as well unless you already have a huge following on your social media accounts – if you don’t have a huge following, it’ll take you months to build.
- You won’t own the email list you’re building – everything will be branded with Patric Chan’s name so even if you buy the upsell and get access to the emails you’ve built, you’ll have a hard time convincing people that they are on YOUR list. People will immediately opt out thinking you stole Patric’s list.
- Everyone else will have the same “secret page” as you – anything done-for-you is not good because that means everyone who buys this program will all have the same web page as you. How will you differentiate yourself? You’ll definitely not get any organic traffic as Google penalizes sites and pages with duplicate content.
- You won’t know what are in the emails he’s sending – will you know what’s in those emails Patric sends out? Nope. You won’t know what kind of products he’ll be promoting and if they’re from Clickbank, it’s most likely low quality.
- You won’t know how many affiliate links in those emails are yours – because you can’t see those emails, you won’t know if he’s actually sending your affiliate links out or his own links.
- You won’t know how many emails are sent in a month – will you know if he’s sending enough emails a month? No again.
- You can’t change anything in the emails or pick what products you want to be sent to your email list – You will have absolutely no control over your list and what exposure they will have.
- You can’t change anything or customize your “secret page” – You won’t be able to brand yourself and make it look like the page is yours.
- Paid traffic is very expensive if the sales page you have doesn’t convert – one customer complained about buying 14,000 clicks ($0.40 – $1.10 per click) and still didn’t get one sale and he was in the program for several months.*
Of the 14,000 clicks only 159 opted in the list and nobody bought anything!*
Other red flags I want to point out:
- Training is super light: Can be finished in a day or two with no continued training of fresh ideas or topics.
- Paid traffic is not for newbies: He aims this program at new people coming into the internet marketing industry and paying for traffic is very expensive if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Support is by email and don’t have a community to network with: Any questions you have will not be addressed in a timely manner.
- Facebook group he has is not active nor engaging.
- You don’t own your own business: You work for Patric and you are paying HIM to work for him and build HIS list. This is the worst thing about this program!!
A BETTER ALTERNATIVE
If you truly want to build an online business, there’s a much better place where you can:
- Own & build your own website;
- Enjoy included high security hosting for your sites;
- Customize & design it as your heart wants;
- Brand yourself in the online space;
- Own your own email list if you wish to build one;
- Learn how to use affiliate marketing to monetize your website;
- Learn how to build your website;
- Learn how to write content that brings in FREE organic traffic;
- Learn from a very active community where you an get help instantly;
- Learn from two main courses and weekly video training for fresh topics;
- and much more!
The awesome place where you can do all the above at is called Wealthy Affiliate (<< read my full review)! They specialize in training people on building online businesses with the affiliate marketing model.
Affiliate marketing is the best way to build a true passive income stream and not have to spend thousands of dollars in product development or buying inventory. You just promote other people’s products on your website by recommending them to your readers.
You will gain knowledge on how to write your recommendations and how to find high converting keywords that will bring free organic search traffic from search engines like Google.
You will be building a true online business that is 100% owned by you. You will be able to choose the topic of your website, one that you’re passionate about, and have full control of your business.
Best of all, you can start for FREE as they have two membership options. You can test drive the platform for the first 7 days, and if you don’t feel like upgrading then you stay a free member for as long as you want. You’ll be able to upgrade later too if you wish.
Let’s take a quick comparison of the two programs:
You will find so much more details about this platform in my full, detailed review of Wealthy Affilaite, just click the green button above.
Buying into CB Passive Income 4.0 will not get you an online business, you will be paying Patric to help him build his email list. Kind of smart of him but that’s the biggest scam if you ask me.
Wealthy Affiliate is the honest choice, and you will be in full control of your online business. You will learn so much from their step-by-step training and have an active community to lean on if you ever need help.
I cannot say enough about the members in there because I get to learn so much from them. I recently improved my site speed score from low 40’s to the 90’s if it wasn’t for a member letting me know about my low site speed score!
I’ve been a member there since September 2016 and have an annual membership. I will be there for many years to come as I want to keep building my online business with the help of not only the community but also the owners of Wealthy Affiliate too!
Kyle & Carson are the most genuine people who care about their members as they continually update and improve the platform for us.
I hope to see you on the inside and make the best decision for yourself!
Let’s make money online!