This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
Here’s a rewards site that has been around for a long time, MyPoints, so you would think you wouldn’t need to wonder if it is a scam or not, right?
Well, from what I’ve seen, even the ones that’s been around, it doesn’t mean it hasn’t changed from their early years.
As I have found in my research, MyPoints is not what it used to be and my honest review of MyPoints below will show that this may not be worth your time anymore.
Here are the topics I’ll take you through:
- What Is MyPoints
- How Does MyPoints Work?
- Complaints About MyPoints
- Is MyPoints A Scam?
- Do Something Worth Your While
If you don’t want to waste anymore time on rewards sites,
see My #1 Recommended Way of Making Money Online:
WHAT IS MYPOINTS
Program Name: MyPoints
There are quite a few rewards sites out there and MyPoints is similar to popular ones like Swagbucks.
MyPoints is only available for people living in the USA or Canada, and must be 18 years old or older to join the site.
To have a proper account set up, you must confirm your email address by clicking on the link they send you in your email right after you sign up.
If you like being online like I do, you may want to check out these sites because they will pay you to do things online.
With MyPoints, the activities you’ll do online are:
- Shopping online
- Completing surveys
- Reading emails
- Watching videos
- Searching on the internet
You will earn points in exchange for doing those types of online activities and then you can redeem them for gift cards or actual PayPal cash.
This is a bit better than the rewards site I just reviewed ClickPerks because it’s not a PayPal gift card, it’s a cash transfer.
Now let’s take a look at how it works to get paid!
HOW DOES MYPOINTS WORK?
I will go through each online activity you can do to earn you points but you basically do an activity and when complete, you get the points earned on that activity.
Once your points are accumulated to the value of a minimum of $25, then you can cash out by redeeming the points to a gift card or request cash transfer to your PayPal.
So let’s see how much points you can earn:
- Online Shopping – The point of this activity is to get you to buy things online via their site. It seems that you can earn $1 by earning 1-4 points based on a cash back type deal. They have partnered with quite a number of merchants, so you have a lot of choices to choose from.
- Surveys – You can earn up to 400 points for doing surveys and some take a short time like 5 mins and some take much longer like 30 mins. Regardless, you can get experiences like getting kicked out even though you’ve spent time in the survey but you still get 10 points for your time.
- Watching Videos – It’s a fun idea to be able to earn money from watching videos but it’s true. However, videos are never worth much and this is the same here. You can get 6 points for watching a series of of videos that take up to 30 mins long!
- Reading Emails – I find this one funny but yup you can earn money reading emails. Why people need you to read their emails is because they sell their email list out to people and want to make sure they deliver the number of clicks (email opens) to their customers. You won’t earn much here (5 points, which is about $0.035 per email) but then again, it takes 15 seconds to read an email.
3 other ways to earn on MyPoints:
- Referrals – You can make money from referring other people to their site by using the referral link they give you. You can earn 25 points plus 10% of their lifetime earnings. That’s a pretty good deal actually.
- MyPoints Toolbar – If you install this toolbar, then when you’re surfing on the net and not signed into MyPoints, you will be notified that the site you’re on qualifies for you to earn points on.
- Easy points – This is another way to score points. The site will give you random offers and you will tell the host whether you like it or not (accept or reject it). You still earn 5 points even if you don’t want to accept the offers, which is $0.035.
There is a $25 minimum payout for PayPal and other rewards start at $10.
However, a $10 gift card will be redeemed in the range of 1,400-1,700 points!
To be able to do a $25 PayPal cash out, you’ll need 4,550 points! This is a lot of points to earn.
So many activities don’t pay that well so you may have a hard time saving up these points.
COMPLAINTS ABOUT MYPOINTS
These rewards sites always have people complaining about them because they are troublesome these sites.
Here are some of the biggest complaints about MyPoints:
GETTING KICKED OUT OF SURVEYS
Of course you always get out of surveys, because you somehow don’t qualify for it after spending lots of time already answering questions.
Why they don’t ask these questions to find out if you qualify in the beginning of the survey is beyond me. I’m sure they will use all the data they already collected from you but they just don’t have to pay you for it now because you don’t qualify.
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE
These sites always seem to have bad customer service and MyPoints is keeping up with that reputation. People can’t get their missed points applied to their accounts and when you complain about it, it will take you weeks to resolve anything.
Or you will hear that they just don’t reply and you don’t hear from them. I’m sure you won’t like being ignored.
Here are some actual testimonies on another site that was talking about MyPoints:
YOU DON’T EARN MUCH
The MyPoints system is not the best at earning money because you have earn a LOT of points to get anything of cash value which also means a lot of wasted time.
That also means you may have to spend double or triple the time to earn the same amount of money as better reward sites like Swagbucks.
IS MYPOINTS A SCAM?
I can tell you this much, MyPoints used to be a way better platform to earn money on and in fact many people said back in early 2000’s that they can earn $1000 easily.
Since then, many things at MyPoints have changed and although still a legitimate site, I highly do not recommend this one.
You are better off using the other two sites I just mentioned above and in fact, Fusion Cash even gives you a $5 sign up bonus if you set up your account with an email confirmation.
So, don’t waste your time and energy on MyPoints, you’ll most likely get frustrated and will earn way less than minimum wage for your precious time!
DO SOMETHING WORTH YOUR WHILE
If you truly want to make money online though, none of the rewards sites is a good solution because they will never make you a full time income.
In order to make a full time online, you need to build an online business. What kind of online business and where you can start or how to learn is what you’ll need to know.
Lucky for you, I’ve been through all that and I know exactly what you need to know to get on the right path to building a successful online business.
I wrote everything I know down on my free make money online guide here:
My guide will show you how it really works to make money online, which business model to use that’s easy to enter in, why it works, and where you can get started today for FREE!
If you can build an asset instead of wasting your precious time on reward sites, you will really reap the rewards you sew from your hard work building your online business.
Please remember that this is not a scam and it will take some time, learning, and dedication. You are not going to get rich overnight.
However, you will build something that is sustainable for the long term that can significantly affect your financial life.
I show you the right path on how to do that in my guide so what are you waiting for?
If you have any questions or thoughts regarding whether MyPoints is a scam or anything else, please do not hesitate to leave me a comment below. I always reply to my readers! 🙂
Let’s make money online!