This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
Are you wanting to start a blog but not sure how to learn how to blog? It can be confusing with all the information on the internet, you may not know where to start.
There are things you can learn here and there but then you are trying to grasp information from several different places which is hard to decipher what information is good and what you need to do.
You may also not find the information you need in the right order to learn how to blog properly or build out your website.
This is why it’s important to find a training place for blogging that has organized lessons you can follow and learn the right way from the start on how to blog.
In this post, I will show you the following:
WHAT THINGS YOU SHOULD LEARN ABOUT BLOGGING
If you are new to the blogging world, then there are many factors to consider when entering this blogging life and should be aware of the things needed as well for your venture.
You may want to blog for several reasons but, as an experienced blogger myself, I can tell you what it will take to be a successful one and let you know what is needed of you to become successful.
There are the technical things you need to know but also mentally, you should be prepared as well for this will be a long journey for you.
Let me get started on the things should learn about blogging:
- Website – Lots to consider when choosing where you will build your website at. In order to have a blog, you will need a website, perhaps even your own domain. You want to make sure your web host will make your site fast as load times is a ranking factor search engines look at.
- WordPress – You will need to know about WordPress which is the
best content management system (CMS) for the bloggers and it’s highly supported. Therefore, where you build your blog, you should choose a platform where you can get the best hosting for this type of website. As well, you will need to learn how to use WordPress in the backend so you can write the blog posts and design your site.
- Picking A Niche – Did you know that you have to pick a topic for your blog? Sometimes people start a personal blog and don’t have a focus for their blog. To be more successful, it’s important to have a focused topic for your blog. A niche is serving to a particular group of people. If you want to make money from your blog, this is extremely important to pick a niche instead of having a blog about everything. The training you choose should also teach you how to pick one.
- Keywords – Learning how to use keywords and which ones to use it’s as important as picking a niche if not more, as this is what will bring you traffic / readers to your blog. As people are searching for millions of things on the internet, you want your site to be on that page 1 of the results, and using the right keywords will help you get there.
- SEO – Your website, pages and posts should all have search engine optimization in place to best get your blog found by search engines. Knowing what plugins you’ll need and how to set them up will make your blog easily found by search engines so they can index and rank your site.
- Monetization – Are you having a blog for fun or do you actually want to make money with it? You will need to learn about affiliate marketing which is the number one way to monetize your site that can potentially make you a full time income and much more if you want it to.
- Scaling Your Business – Learning ways on how to use other methods to scale your business to higher levels will make you even more money.
- Your Audience – You need to learn about your audience, how to engage with them, and how to write to them with intent. You should learn about the purchasing cycle of your audience so you can write better to convert them into customers.
- Social Media – Learn how to get free traffic from using social media like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+ to maximize your exposure.
- Current and New Trends – Stay on top of what’s happening in the industry and search engine updates, as well as what’s the latest and greatest to get your site ranked better. You’ll need to learn where to find such sources to keep updated.
As you can see there is a lot to learn about blogging and if you could have a training platform that will help you learn all this, you’ll be on your path to success!
You’re in luck because I have just the place for you to have all the business tools you’ll need plus the lessons you’ll need to learn everything, just read on!
Be Prepared Mentally
If you are doing this for a business and want to make money from your blog, be mentally prepared to commit to your blog as you will learn that ranking your site will take time with the search engines.
These days, you will not get much traffic to your blog until about 3-4 months when the search engines finally gain some trust in your new site but that doesn’t mean you don’t work on your blog for those starting months, in fact, quite the opposite.
You don’t normally see instant results with blogging, the fruits of your labor will not be seen or felt till a few months down the road.
That’s just how ranking works these days unfortunately, and this is because the search engines don’t want to rank dead blogs and want to make sure your new site will continue to produce valuable content.
To make a full time income, it will take consistent effort and hard work on your part for a full year, depending on your niche, some shorter and some even longer.
But how great will it be when you reach that goal?! That’s why getting the right training is so important and having it will certainly get you to your blogging goals!
In the next section, you will find out where you can get all the training and business tools you’ll ever need at one place!
THE ONE BEST PLACE TO LEARN HOW TO BLOG
My Experience When I Started Blogging
When I found Wealthy Affiliate, I knew right away it was the right place for me. The courses are organized and easy to follow, everything is step-by-step and at your own pace.
I really loved that they have a huge community of members that are all doing the same thing and people that I can get help from. Finally, I wasn’t blogging alone!
I’m also able to talk to the owners too if I really need more help and this is really a bonus as most people charge a coaching fee for such access!
I have learned so much from other members as well since there are experienced and very skilled members in there. This type of networking is sure unheard of in other training programs I’ve seen.
I have really enjoyed my time there, I have been a Premium member since September 2016, and still learning everyday every time I go on the platform!
Wealthy Affiliate Will Teach You How To Blog
Wealthy Affiliate has all business tools you’ll need like the user friendly website builder that will create and install WordPress on it in less than a minute!
Plus they have the best web hosting for WordPress sites which is highly secured and optimized, only using the latest technologies as well. There are many features that are included like SSL Certificates and Privacy Protection for domain registrations that are usually an extra cost somewhere else.
The training courses at Wealthy Affiliate will teach you all the topics listed in the above section and you’ll be able to build your blog out along side those lessons as well so it’s very hands-on.
Taking action on your site is the only way you will see the results from what you learned and they highly enourage this by giving you tasks to do on your site after each lesson.
Wealthy Affiliate specializes in affiliate marketing as well to teach you how to make money from your blog. There are members in there that make more than a full time income!
The best part of the platform is that you can get join for FREE and get TWO Free Websites to start your new journey with!
That’s right, with the Free Starter membership, you’ll be able to see how everything works in there and during the first 7 days, you’ll be able to even enjoy most of the Premium membership features as well.
After the first week, you’ll be able to stay as a free member if you want for as long as you want and upgrade later if you haven’t upgraded already.
There’s really no other training platform that has so many business tools for you to use and their training materials are continually updated to ensure you are learning from the latest information available.
Their techniques on how to write your content is really second to none and the methods they teach to bring tons of traffic to your site is really the best!
Instead of talking more about it, why don’t you check out my full detailed review of Wealthy Affiliate which includes a video tour of the platform by clicking this button:
If you are eager to just get on this awesome online training platform and sign up now, you can do so here:
I look forward to seeing you on the inside and helping you personally through your journey! I wish you the best of luck whichever road you take.
If you have any questions or thoughts about how to learn how to blog or Wealthy Affiliate, please do not hesitate to leave me a comment below! I always reply to my awesome readers. 🙂
Let’s make money online!