This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
As an internet marketer, I always want to find new ways to monetize my blog and this is one way that can’t be missed as you’ll get automatic commissions, targeted leads and traffic if you use this great plugin.
In this review, I will show you:
- What is Commission Sumo?
- How does Commission Sumo work?
- Pros & Cons
- My Final Thoughts
WHAT IS COMMISSION SUMO?
Commission Sumo is a WordPress plugin that just launched on Feb 2, 2017 by Cindy Donovan.
This plugin uses targeted keywords in your blog content to automatically display Amazon ads and other features in a mini lightbox when your readers hover their mouse over it.
Not only Amazon ads, you can also do this for videos, opt-in forms, call to action buttons, and even create your own campaign with html coding so sky’s the limit on what you can use this for.
Cindy Donovan has been creating WordPress plugins for years and have been successful in the internet marketing industry with her many quality products. This Commission Sumo product is no different and will do your blog wonders.
Check out this video about it:
HOW DOES COMMISSION SUMO WORK?
It’s very easy to set up Commission Sumo and have it start working on your blog within minutes!
I’m going to show you how to set up an Amazon campaign here with these simple steps:
1) You first need to set up your Amazon Affiliate information under Commission Sumo menu > Settings > Integration:
2) Next, once your preferences are set up, let’s start a new campaign under Contextual Ads > Add New Contextual Ad.
Here you can name your campaign and you can configure how many times ads will show per page for your keywords so you won’t have too many contextual ads if you don’t want to. You can select up to 5 ads to show per page.
For example, if I want to use “dog leash” to show ads but I only want to show it once even though I use the words “dog leash” several times in my post, I can set it to only show one time per page.
Now, you pick your type of campaign you want to set up, so in this case, we will choose Amazon:
3) Then you set up the keywords you want to display your Amazon ads with like this:
4) Now you can control where Amazon will get the products from by choosing All categories, particular categories, and also choose price range of products to show:
5) Finally, you can set up which posts and pages you want your ads in and have full control where your ads will show up:
How will it look like on your blog? Here’s the finished ad:
The keywords that you use don’t have to be highlighted in yellow and underlined with red dashes, you have full control in how your text will look under Settings > Design Settings as shown in the image on the right.
You can change the font, underline, and the background color of your keywords so you can make it subtle or not, you’re in full control.
OTHER CAMPAIGNS YOU CAN CREATE:
As you can see in the image above, you can do five other campaign types to make your blog very interactive. Could you imaging having a video lightbox from your text link?
I think this feature is very unique and one I have not seen on other blogs before. I really like this video component and you can link it basically any video you want on YouTube or upload your own.
You can be creating a very targeted email list using specific keywords that will show an opt-in box like this:
You can have your posts shared very easily too within your content like this and get more traffic to your website:
TWO MORE CUSTOMIZATIONS:
- You can basically create any type of call to action lightbox in your content, you just enter your own text and the link you want people to go to.
- You can customize the campaign ad with HTML coding if you are saavy at it and build anything you want.
With these two customization options, you really have full flexibility and control of what you can create with your text ads.
PROS & CONS
- Easy-to-use WordPress interface.
- Hover technology will boost your commissions.
- Flexibility in what you can build with it.
- Great control on where and how many ads are placed.
- No need for coding if you don’t want to.
- Price is low and have different levels to choose from.
- Not mobile friendly since you need a mouse to hover over.
- Readers may get annoyed if you have too many lightboxes popping up.
- $9.97 – Single License
- $19.97 – 5 Site License
- $27 – Unlimited, includes developer rights
For what this plugin can do, I think their pricing is very reasonable and a great buy.
There are three up-sells you can add too:
- $27.97 – Done For You Amazon Keyword Affiliate Pack – Top keywords for every category in Amazon that you can upload and use right away and have your blog monetized very quickly.
- $47 – Shopify, Clickbank & JVZoo Modules Addition – Connect to more sources so you can make even more money!
- $97 – Sumo Your List Lead Funnel Bundle – 60+ Squeeze pages, reports & email sequences that will help turn your visitors into subscribers very quickly.
MY FINAL THOUGHTS
I really like this Commission Sumo plugin and totally recommend it to you if you want to monetize your entire site automatically with contextual ads. This will be the way to do it easily and quickly.
You can pretty much connect to any network you want to make commissions with:
You really have nothing to lose with this plugin as you can get a refund within 30 days if you don’t like it.
Monetizing your blog is a crucial way to make money online and if you don’t have the right tools, it can take you a long time to do the same thing without this plugin.
Make your life easier and get this awesome Commission Sumo plugin here:
If you haven’t made money with your blog, and want to learn how you can change that, check out my #1 recommendation for building an awesome, self traffic generating, affiliate marketing business HERE.
Let’s make money online!