This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
It’s not hard to implement and these are ways that you will find on many blogs, so these are tried and true methods.
Monetizing a blog doesn’t have to be hard, it can be very simple and easy to use especially if there are certain plugins to help you with them.
I have put together a video to talk about the 9 ways you can use to monetize your blog, which explains each one in great detail. This video will be for beginners and up who want to learn how to make money online.
Below the video, I have put together more resources for you to check out that will help you further on the 9 methods I’ve mentioned in the video.
There’s only ONE best way I trust and love using,
see My #1 Recommended Way of Making Money Online:
9 WAYS ON HOW TO MONETIZE YOUR BLOG
I hope you like this video and can use these methods to make money online:
MORE HELP AND RESOURCES
Summary of the 9 ways you can use to make money on your blog plus more resources about each one:
- Google Adsense
- Sponsored Ads
- Contextual Ads
- Sponsored Posts
- Create Your Own Product
- YouTube Videos
- Build an Email List
- Affiliate Marketing
- Consulting Services
- Remember to apply after you’ve had a total of 20 blog posts and/or pages or else you may not be approved.
- Make sure your site is nice and professional looking.
- Make your blog simple and easy to navigate.
- Place only 3 adsense units per page on your site or you’ll violate their terms and policies.
- You can offer banner ads on your blog.
- Place them on top of your blog or in your sidebar widgets.
- You can use WordPress plugins to help with your ad management, see this post for further details.
- This is where you link certain words in your blog content with ads.
- As mentioned in the video, I have a great plugin for this and it’s called Commission Sumo which you can read more about here. The plugin makes it really easy to monetize your blog content with keywords, and once set up, it’ll apply it to your whole site. You can use Amazon products as well as from other affiliate programs, customize your own call to action, and so much more.
- I don’t suggest too many on one page because that could get annoying for your readers.
- Important to have a media kit that outlines your blog stats from hopefully from a well known source like Google Analytics, as well as your social media accounts.
- Offer to write a 1,000 word post or more, entice with a video review.
- Be honest with your review and always have a disclaimer saying you received the product for free or it’s a sponsored post but the opinions of the product or service is your own.
CREATE YOUR OWN PRODUCT:
- Digital products are the best since you create it once and can sell over and over again, easy to scale.
- Brand your own product by buying from manufacturers that allow private label branding.
- Sourcing sites like Alibaba will have many products you can choose from.
- Speak clearly and ensure lighting is bright.
- Longer videos are better than short ones for view stats.
- Make sure you teach or show something in your videos, give people a reason to watch it.
BUILDING AN EMAIL LIST:
- According to the 2015 report by Direct Marketing Associate, the return on investment on email marketing is 3,800%! This cannot be ignored.
- Send your subscribers valuable information they can use.
- Start with Aweber here and you’ll get your first month free!
- Great way to start an online business as it’s cost effective.
- You won’t have to deal with customer service, inventory, shipping, and all the headaches of a shop owner.
- If you don’t know a lot about affiliate marketing or how to build a website that will facilitate your promotions, I highly recommend you checking out Wealthy Affiliate on my post here which is an online training center for this exact business.
- Be an expert in your field.
- Teach others what you know.
- Big money in consulting – $50/hr to thousands of dollars!
I hope you have learned from these 9 ways and will implement them on your blog so you can start making money!
Building an online business is not always that easy but with the right training you can build an awesome online business that will generate passive income to you for many years to come.
Invest in yourself and get the training at Wealthy Affiliate to learn the right way to build a self traffic generating blog.
All the details and information you’ll need to know about Wealthy Affiliate is right here! I hope to see you on the inside as I’ll (“littlemama” is my username) be there and can help you achieve your dreams of owning your own online business!
If you have any questions or thoughts about any of the above, please leave me a comment below as I always respond to my readers! 🙂
Let’s make money online!