This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
Have you ever thought about creating a blog post schedule? If you haven’t or don’t even know what I’m talking about, I will teach you how to create a blog post schedule from my easy template and tell you all the benefits of having one!
Before having a writing schedule I was all over the place when I tried to work. I would have to think about a topic to write about which is the biggest time waster, then research about it, then find some keywords, and then get distracted between doing all that with other things I see on the internet.
Not very productive at all and my day would go by so quickly without getting anything really done. I would also be working all sorts of hours, days, nights, and weekends.
My family would suffer because they don’t get to spend quality time with me but now it’s a whole new world with my writing schedule in place!
Today, I will share with you:
- The Benefits of Having a Blog Post Schedule
- A Video on How To Create a Writing Schedule with My Easy Template
- More Tips & Things to Think About
- My Final Thoughts
THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A BLOG POST SCHEDULE
- Highly Organized – No more being all over the place, each weekday I’m able to focus on one thing.
- Very Productive – I get so much more done in less time and I’m not wasting time anymore.
- Writing Better – Because I’m not all over the place, I’m able to write easier and ideas flow better. It takes less time to finish my posts now too as well as increase my postings to my blog.
- Scheduling Out Posts – For the first time, I can finally schedule out posts so that I can go on vacations and getaways without my blog suffering from lack of new posts.
- Less Stressful – I’m overall less stressed about what to write. This was one of my biggest stresses when it came to writing but that’s the last thing I need to stress about now because of my schedule!
- Free Weekends – I used to work all hours of the week, even weekends. I would actually work more on weekends because my husband was home to help with our girls.
Not anymore, I can actually have quality time with my whole family on the weekends! This is the most valuable part of having my writing schedule. I’m so grateful I started one and I will never let this go! 🙂
A VIDEO ON HOW TO CREATE A WRITING SCHEDULE WITH MY EASY TEMPLATE
In this video, I’ll be showing you my easy template to create a writing schedule and show you how it all works. I really hope you will enjoy this and will incorporate this writing schedule into your blogging life!
The link to my Easy template is HERE. Just click on that link (make sure you have a Google Account), then under File menu, select “Make a Copy” and make a copy for yourself so you can start editing it to your liking. 🙂
MORE TIPS & THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
After reviewing my video, I realized there a few more things I want to mention to help you further:
- “Done?” Column – This is the fun column! Lol I don’t know, for me, when my day is done and accomplish the task for the day, putting a “Y” (for yes) in that column is so satisfying! So that’s what it’s for, to indicate the task for the day is done and completed.
- Fridays – Save hard or big posts for Fridays so that you if you don’t get it finish it in time, you’ll have the weekend to finish it up.
- Mondays – On the flip side, you can schedule these big posts on a Monday instead so that you have some time on the weekend to do a little more research on it and take notes.
- Keep Weekends Free – You can still keep your weekends free and not do #2 or #3 and just schedule more easy posts next to big posts. This way, you still have time to finish the big post the next day if not totally done, and still have time to do the simpler, easy post the same day.
- Other Things To Do – Once you have scheduled posts further out, you can add other things to do to your schedule so you have days where you can do things like social media, go back to edit posts, networking with other bloggers, comment on other blogs, and other tasks you have for your business.
I don’t think I would ever want to get rid of it because it gives me freedom to do other things!
A schedule like this is flexible and can change if needed, but it’s important to keep it going so you don’t fall behind or get your days all messed up.
Once you incorporate a writing schedule in your life, you will love it!
I learned about having a writing schedule at Wealthy Affiliate! I had been thinking of putting one together but kept procrastinating.
Then, one of the lessons called for one and really got me going to create my writing schedule. I owe it all to the best training platform ever!! Lol
If you’ve been blogging and haven’t seen results, or you’re just starting out, you should really consider the training at Wealthy Affiliate. You will learn so much about keyword research, how to write your posts, how to do videos, ways to monetize your blog, and so much more.
You can also get so much help from other members so you always have support and don’t have to feel you’re alone in your journey. 🙂
I’ve been there since September 2016 and love every minute of it!!
Let’s make money online!