This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
There are so many affiliate programs out there to choose from and I’m going to let you know which one is the best type of affiliate programs you should concentrate on.
Once you know the best type, then you can search out several programs that has this type and you’ll be making a nice amount of money continuously called passive income!
I love passive income! The best type of income to have in my opinion as you only take action once and you earn from that one action over and over again.
Let’s check out the following points I’ll go over today:
- Types of Affiliate Programs
- Best Type of Affiliate Programs and Why
- List of the Best Type of Affiliate Programs
TYPES OF AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
There are basically two types of affiliate programs:
- One-Time Commission – One-time commission affiliate programs are the programs that pay you per action. Whether it be pay-per-sale, pay-per-lead, pay-per-click, pay-per-call, you will get paid if you are able to refer someone to take a particular action that the advertiser specifies.
- Recurring Commission – Recurring commission affiliate programs are programs that pay you on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis when you refer someone that will sign up for that particular service or membership.
Pay-per-Action affiliate programs are very popular and common in affiliate marketing. You earn a a percentage of sale or a flat rate, for the action performed by someone you referred to the company paying you.
For example, when someone buys an Amazon product from your affiliate link, you’ll make $0.80 commission from that $20 product at your starting rate of 4%.
Another example of this is when you get someone to fill out a form or a survey, you will earn a flat commission rate of let’s say $1 for every form you get filled by your referral.
On the other hand, there are affiliate programs that offer recurring commission such as when you get someone to sign up at a membership site. The member of that site will have to pay a monthly fee to have access to that site, so you will earn a commission as long as that member stays at that membership site.
This could be a service too like a tool you’d like to use and they charge a monthly fee for that tool. If you refer people to this kind of service, you’ll get a monthly commission as long as they stay as a user of that tool.
BEST TYPE OF AFFILIATE PROGRAMS AND WHY
You’ve probably guessed by now which type would be the best, right?
Yes, the best type of affiliate programs to have are the ones that have recurring commission! It is the best way to increase your passive income.
Don’t get me wrong you are still earning passive income with the one-time commission affiliate programs too, one blog post can earn you over and over again.
However, affiliate programs with recurring commissions gets you ahead of the game each and every month < this is exactly why they are the best type to have in your portfolio of affiliate programs to sign up for.
Let’s look at an example:
Blogger A – uses only one-time commission affiliate programs – has 1000 visitors every month and this traffic converts at 10% – meaning in month one Blogger A gets 100 people to buy this product that earns him $2, so every month he earns $200.
Blogger B – uses recurring commission affiliate programs and for comparison’s sake everything stays the same so her first month is also $200.
In month two, Blogger B already starts with $200 as those members stay and love the site they are at and also gets another 100 people to sign up and earn the same thing. Blogger B will earn $400 in month two, and Blogger A still earns another $200.
Cumulatively for the two months, Blogger B earned $600 while Blogger A earned $400. Even if only 10% of the people in the first month stays at that membership site, Blogger B will still be ahead of the game and will always be ahead of Blogger A.
Therefore it’s crucial to have at least have some affiliate programs that pay recurring commission in your portfolio so you can start the next month with some instant passive income! 🙂
BEST AFFILIATE PROGRAMS WITH RECURRING COMMISSIONS
Now that I’ve revealed which is the best type of affiliate programs, I’ve changed the title of this section. 🙂
First, I will list the affiliate programs that have great recurring commissions, and then, I will let you know the best ones to go for:
- Wealthy Affiliate – Best online training course for affiliate marketing. Commissions you can make are for life of the member, you don’t need to be a paying member to earn commissions. As a Premium member, you earn between 42 – 48% in commission per month or 49% on annually memberships. As a Starter (Free) member, you earn half of what a Premium member makes. For more details on this affiliate program, check out this post here but you want to learn more about Wealthy Affiliate in general, click here.
- Jaaxy – A very powerful online keyword search tool. Again, commissions you can make are for life, you don’t need to be a paying member to earn commissions. Here you earn the same 40%-42% commission, depending if it’s a monthly or annual subscription, whether you are a free or paying member. Read how powerful Jaaxy is here.
- Aweber – Email marketing at best! You will earn a 30% commission for the life of the user you refer. They have great videos you can use on your content to maximize your conversions.
- Mass Planner – The best social media platform for growing, sharing, posting and joining groups & communities on major social media platforms. You will get 50% of everything your referrals buy for the first six months of their licensing agreement. Read how this software has grown my accounts here.
- Click Funnels – You’re one-stop shop for your sales funnel needs. You will earn a 40% commission here for the life of the member you refer. You also get a chance to win a car if you can refer 100 active users which is pretty amazing.
- Answerbase – If you want to add a Q&A forum to your website or company, this is the one to use. You will earn here 50% commission for the first month, and then 15% per month thereafter. This one is also for the life of the referral.
- Shopify – This is a great e-commerce solution for anyone who wants to own their own online shop. You will earn a crazy 200% commission on a referral’s subscription fee, up to $1,500 per referral.
- Elegant Themes – Premium WordPress Themes that are very responsive and beautiful. This program can earn you 50% commissions but this one will be on an annual basis, not monthly. So as long as the user renews every year, you’ll earn a commission for life.
- Leadpages – Creating landing pages with ease, a very popular tool to use. Here you will earn 30% commission for life but you need to be an active paying member as well. I guess they want people to own the product they promote but you shouldn’t need to pay to get into an affiliate program, a big no-no.
The best affiliate programs with recurring commissions hands down are Wealthy Affiliate, Jaaxy, and Aweber!
I highly recommend you check out my Top 3 picks because they are:
- Amazing products and services – quality products and services sell themselves pretty much!
- You earn for the life of the referral.
- Their price points for the quality of the product you receive as a customer are very reasonable.
Mass Planner comes close to this bunch because it’s such a great product but it’s limited to only six months.
Click Funnels comes close too but the pricing for their packages seem expensive as a customer.
Please remember that all affiliate programs should be free to join. You should not have to be a paying member or pay any fees to join an affiliate program.
If you have any questions about any of these, please leave me a comment below and I’ll answer you very quickly! 🙂
Let’s make money online!
8 thoughts on “Best Type Of Affiliate Programs That Keeps You Coming Back For More!”
Wow Grace you have covered it all! I had no idea about all of those affiliate programmes. Such great commission as well …phew! This is a great website. Thanks 🙂
Thank you Jen, appreciate your kind words and glad this post has helped you see what’s out there. 🙂 Yes there are great ways to make money online but my favorite program is still the Affiliate Bootcamp found here!
Thanks for stopping by,
Hello and thanks for sharing, this is a great post well put together and detailed,it is just so amazing of many ways you can make money form your laptop this is why so many persons are turning to online business. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Norman for your kind words. Yes there is so many ways to make money on the internet but it still requires hard work and consistency, which people take that lightly when they get into blogging and then they quit. However, those that continue will profit big in the end as it’s a road a great passive income if you can stick with it. 🙂
All the best to you,
Thanks so much Grace. What great information. I did not know of a couple you mentioned but I see they are not in your top 3. Love your site and everything was so informative. I got lost in absorbing it all. Thank you again for the insight into other things you can do online that are honest.
So happy to hear that this was informative to you! Yeah, my Top 3 offers the best programs to promote but the other ones are good too depending what kind of product you want to use.
I appreciate you checking out my site and seeing what’s available on here. If there’s one thing about this site I’m super proud of is its honesty. You will not find any scams on here, and if there are, it’s because I’m pointing them out so you don’t get scammed. 🙂
Thanks for your visit!
I didn’t know about recurring commissions, that makes it even more attractive to choose this type of affiliate program. Thanks for the info.
So glad to have helped Sommer, and glad you can see the potential of this type of affiliate program. You will be earning passive income with this type of commission as well since you’ll be making money over and over again with no additional work!
Best of luck in your affiliate picking!